EU Member States have a long tradition of dedicated cluster policies. In total, 51% of the EU Member States have more than 10 years of experience in implementing cluster-specific policies at national, regional, or both levels. The support can aim at strengthening innovation ecosystems, SME support, R&D support, industry-research collaboration, internationalisation, and upskilling. In most cases, the support takes place in form of financial and technical support. However, there is great variety of programmes and policies in the EU27.
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, organises the EU Clusters Talk “Support programmes and funding schemes: Cluster policies in the EU” on 21 February, 8:30 – 9:45 CET, to give an overview of different cluster policies that exist in the European Union, discuss how they help to develop the future cluster landscape, and analyse what is needed to further enhance the support.
Speakers will include:
- Marta Batalla, Policy Officer, DG GROW, European Commission
- Jan-Philipp Kramer, Head of EU-Services, Prognos
- John Hobbs, Senior Lecturer, Munster Technological University
- Monika Antonowicz, Expert in Strategy and Analysis Department, Polish Agency for Enterprise Development
- Pauline Capus, General Manager, French Association of Competitiveness Clusters AFPC
- Tej Friis Egefjord, Team Leader Innovation & Clusters, Danish Business Authority
This event is part of regular online meetings brought to the cluster community by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform. They offer up-to-date insights into the latest industrial policies and clusters’ involvement, projects, and best practices, the latest ECCP news, and funding opportunities. The EU Clusters Talks are a space to exchange knowledge and to discuss cluster-relevant topics, which will change with every meeting.
Prior registration to this event is compulsory before 21 February 2024, 7:30 CET. This EU Clusters Talk is open to participants from the European Union and SMP/COSME countries. Approval for attending the session will be given individually.